The Original Tassel Boot
Penelope had spent time in Spain, learning the language and working closely with an artisan to learn the boot-making trade. After commissioning the artisan to make Penelope the perfect Spanish riding boot – to her own specifications – taller and closer fitted at the ankle, the Long Tassel boot was born, a core style and firm favourite in our collection year after year.
Purposeful footwear, made to last, inspired by a healthy outdoor lifestyle, with travel in mind. It’s all about being out there, doing things, feeling empowered and free. Or as we say at Penelope Chilvers, ‘Go anywhere, do anything’.
As Worn By Kate Middleton, who has been wearing the Long Tassel Boot in conker since 2004.
The original Long Tassel riding boots - quintessentially British with Spanish heritage. Hand-punched detail and long length tassels in tough cowhide leather are traditional equestrian elements, synonymous with Southern Spain.
- Natural Spanish vegetable-dye leather is the epitome of luxury and will improve over time, just like a fine wine.
- Each boot is expertly hand crafted with punched leather work at the zip and a leather tassel on the zip pull.
- GoodyearTM welt rubber tread soles for all-terrain wear.
- Expertly cut close to the ankle for a feminine and flawless fit.
- Looking for a slightly shorter length? We also offer a standard leg length, a midcalf and a cropped to the ankle Tassel option.