Can we store cookies?
1. These terms and conditions tell you about the legal terms and conditions which apply to your purchase and use of physical and digital Penelope Chilvers gift cards.
2. These gift card terms apply to all gift cards purchased online as well as gift cards purchased at a stand-alone physical Penelope Chilvers store.
3. Penelope Chilvers reserves the right to update and change the terms and conditions of our Penelope Chilvers gift cards at any time. This does not affect your legal rights. Use of your Penelope Chilvers gift card constitutes acceptance of our Terms and Conditions and we therefore recommend you read them carefully. It is your responsibility to check these gift card terms from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes which may have been made. Penelope Chilvers gift cards remain the property of Penelope Chilvers who maintains the right to cancel the card in its sole discretion in situations where it is deemed necessary to do so (such as to comply with applicable laws or as a result of circumstances beyond its control).
4. The value of your Penelope Chilvers gift card can be redeemed in any Penelope Chilvers Stores in the UK or www.penelopechilvers.com provided the gift card is redeemed within the redemption period. By way of example, a Penelope Chilvers gift card shall have a redemption period of 12 months from the date of issue. Please note any redemptions, balance enquiries and top-ups will be reflected in the currency applicable to the country you are using it in (£€$).
5. The gift card balance cannot be exchanged for cash or redeemed against the purchase of another card. Please note Penelope Chilvers gift cards cannot be redeemed in any Penelope Chilvers concessions or wholesale stockists.
6. The maximum amount that an individual Penelope Chilvers gift card can hold is £1000.00 and may vary from time to time based on our assessment of risk.
7. You can perform a Balance enquiry at www.penelopechilvers.com.
8. Your Penelope Chilvers gift card is valid for a period of 12 months from the date of activation (which for in-store shall be the date of the gift card purchase, and for online, the date shown on the confirmation) following which they expire automatically. A gift card cannot be used after the expiry date and any remaining balance will be removed and the card will become invalid and no longer available for use. We have no obligation to remind or inform you of a gift card’s expiry and it is your sole responsibility to ensure that any balance is used in full prior to expiry.
9. A Gift Card expires automatically once its balance has been exhausted.
10. Gift Cards may be used to pay for the whole or any part of an in-store purchase or online order.
11. Only one gift card may be used per online order. In-store, there is no limit on the number of gift cards that may be used in one transaction.
Lost/ Stolen/ Damaged
12. You are solely responsible for the safe keeping and security of your gift card following delivery. In cases where your Penelope Chilvers gift card is lost or stolen, Penelope Chilvers is unable to replace or reimburse the remaining balance on a card. Penelope Chilvers cannot be held responsible for the balance lost on a Penelope Chilvers gift card as a result of theft or fraud.
Crediting a Penelope Chilvers gift card
13. Please retain an expired gift card should you wish to return your purchase. Any goods paid for using a gift card that are subsequently returned for a refund will be credited to the original gift card. For returns where part payment was taken from a gift card, the refund will be credited to your gift card in the first instance.
14. If a partial refund is made for any purchase using a Penelope Chilvers gift card and another method of payment, then any refund amount owing will be credited to the Penelope Chilvers gift card in the first instance.
15. If the total to be refunded is more than originally paid by Penelope Chilvers gift card, then any remaining refund balance will be refunded to the other method of payment used by you (i.e. debit/credit card or cash).
Governing Law and jurisdiction
17. These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.